Re: How do we get through horrible days

Wed Oct 20 20:32:04 2004

hi i was searching the internet recently for more information on fhc and i came across this website i have read the messages left on here by various people and have found them to be of great help. i got diagnosed with fhc 1 year ago and have found it a life altering condition, a few months ago i found out i was expecting which came as quiet a shock due to me being told by a doctor that my chances of concieving naturally were almost nil

i was very distraught but still carried on with my daily routine. so when i came to find out i was pregnant my first fear was an ectopic pregnancy, after tests confirmed this indeed was a healthy early pregnancy i was very pleased, in to my third month i started getting voilent sickness and extreme nausia, i stopped eating reguarly andgot admitted in to hospital their i recieved 3 anti-sickness injections a day and i started feeling much better still i had a nagging doubt at the back of my head that something wasent right so i asked the doctors for a early scan, i went for this an was told i would most probably miscarry and to come back for a further scan a week later. i went on to do this only to be told aweek later that the result was still the same and that no heart beat could be detected f rom the feotus. i was told the wisest choice was to have a d & e. which i agreed to, at four months pregnant i went in for an evacuation

the procedure was simple and i was to be out of hospital in day, unfortunatly things didnt go to plan iwas in theatre for 4 hours and lost 3pints of blood. The reason being that the pregnancy tissue had become so infected in my womb that even mass suction could not remove the reason behind that being the fitz hugh curtis syndrome. I spent a further week in hospital and discharged myself last week due to the lack of care from the nurses

This experiance has left me very shaken and im hoping that someone who may have been through a similar experiance b able to assure me that this will get better, and also someone could shed light on future events that may be bourne of this illness.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: