Aggravated

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Wed Oct 20 20:27:25 2004

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of Kim Laramore Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 8:29 AM

Subject: Re: Aggravated You sound like you have the exact situation I experienced after my hysterectomy. I had a hysterectomy in 2001. Within weeks I felt 'pressure' underneath my back right ribs. Sometimes the pain was worse than other times. I asked my OB/GYN about this and he brushed it off. Over time the pressure (which was constant) would become extremely painful. When I would see my regular family doctor, I would ask him if he thought it was a gallbladder. He too brushed it off.

Then one day after eating lunch I gradually started feeling like I was coming down with a bad flu and within 30 minutes felt like I was having a heart attack. I was 35! I went to the ER and I specifically told the ER doctors I thought I was having a gallbladder attack. I had the blood tests done that checks for gallstones...came back negative. Then I had an ultrasound done to check for stones....negative as well. The doctors told me I had an 'infection' and gave me antibiotics. It took me almost a week to feel better.

Two months later, the same situation happened again. Let's just say this process lasted over 1 1/2 years. Each 'attack' got me sicker and sicker. The pressure underneath my ribs felt like I had a baseball wedged in there trying to push it's way out. Each time I went to the ER, I would again tell them I was sure it was my gallbladder. My suggestion was ignored. When I had my last attack, I was sick in bed for a week and was incredibly weak for another week. I went back to my regular doctor and told him that I was dying, but I needed to know what was killing me. He then ordered for me to have a hydascan done.

It is not a fun test. Takes about three hours and there are dozens of X-rays done during the process. The test came back showing that my gallbladder had no problem filling, but would not empty. My gallbladder function had completely quit working. I was scheduled for surgery within days. The surgeon said that my gallbladder was greatly enlarged and bulging and the next attack it would have burst. Had it burst, it could have been just as deadly as having your appendix burst. The surgeon also said that my gallbladder was covered in many layers of scar tissue which showed that each of those times that I was having 'attacks' and telling the ER doctors I thought it was my gallbladder, I was right!

Keep in mind that one of the number one non-medical tests to determine if your gallbladder is not functioning properly is that you cannot digest lettuce. No matter how much you chew, your body cannot break it down. Also, if you eat anything with a high amount of tomato (including pizza), and you get sick feeling and grab your side, you are most likely having gallbladder trouble.

My gallbladder removal surgery was one of the easiest surgeries I have had. I experienced almost no pain and felt wonderful within a few days.

Some how, some way, get the hydascan test. I don't want someone else to suffer and almost die like I did. Kim

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: