Re: Exercise

Mon Oct 4 13:45:00 2004

Hi Sherry I have never asked officially so I can only go by my own experience. If anything gentle regular exercise (especially involving gentle stretching like Pilates, swimming or Yoga) helps me to feel more in control of the pain. I'm not sure wether I can honestly say that the pain is any better but I feel better about it if that makes sense?!!! I can handle it better and I sleep better too which is a great added extra if, like me, you have trouble stretching out in bed. The hard part is making myself exercise when I really dont feel good. I get my husband to "gently" remind me how much better it will make me feel if I make the effort! I find high impact aerobics and step classes made me very sore for days afterwards so I avoid them now but walking is good. I think the best thing is to try things and see for yourself. Don't be put off if you're just a bit achy the next day - especially if it's a while since you've exercised - as that's normal but I'd stop if you get any really sharp pains. If Curves is a fully staffed gym ask if they have any health professionals on the staff first and discuss your health with them. They'll be best placed to advise you. Let us know how you get on and good luck! Tracey x

> Sender: anitakure@comcast.net (Sherry)
> Subject: Exercise
>
> Does anyone know if it is ok to exercise if you have abdominal adhesions
> or can exercise make the adhesions worse? I would like to join Curves
> and use their exercise equipment but I am afraid it could make adhesions
> worse.
> Sherry
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: