adhesions after hysterectomy

Fri Oct 1 10:29:43 2004

Hello, This is the first time I have jouned a forum regarding adhesions.I am now 32 years old I am married for the last 5 years to my high school sweetie, he has been with me through all of this. I have had a total of 6 operations including a total abdominal hysterectomy. My last surgery was 2 years ago and 2 years after my hysterectomy. I have sever endometriosis, extensive dense and fibrous adhesions covering all of my internal organs I also have a severe case of ovarian remnant syndrome. My abdominal wall is extremely thin and may herniate at any time. I am in continuous pain which ranges from severe to almost unbarable. My kidneys ,gallbladder ,bladder and intestines are all affected by these darn adhesions. I have a terrible backache, I can't even sit or lie down in one position for too long without getting severe pain. I now have to use a cane to walk and for long distances I am forced to use a scooter in the mall or grocery store, when I feel able enough to even go. I do not have normal bowel movements, I have to take a prescription med to even go and this still causes great pain. I have very nearly fainted in the bathroom from the pain. I am becoming more afraid now because I have started to have sharp shooting pains down my groin and thighs like a nerve is throbbing. It's terrible. My doctor says this is because the adhesions are beginning to grow into and through the nerves in my pelvis. I still have cramping and backaches but what scares me is that now my right kidney are throbs intensely it feels like it will explode. There is such pain and pressure it hurts to breathe. If I try to move, there is incredible burst of pain around my kidney. My doctor says that this is because the adhesions are beginning to grow around my kidneys. My colon and intestines are not functioning due to the adhesions surrounding them. I also have a very active ovarian remnant, it is very difficult to control I grow very large hemmorrhagis cysts if I do not stay on my monthly injection of DEPO LUPRON. The last cyst was removed it was the size of a baseball. But they could do very little for the adhesions as they were too involved. They think I will soon need a colostomy. I am terrified of this. I had another lemon sized cyst that they would not even try to remove because they said one more operation and my intestines could be perforated or worse. To say that I am in terrible pain does not begin to describe it. I daily go through such sadness and pain that I am frightened that I won't be able to take much more. I was a young happy nurse. Always smiling, I always cared more for others than myself now I cannot work. I sit at home in pain all alone. I was not able to have even one child and am unable now to care for one even if we had the money to adopt. I can't go out with friends because I begin to hurt and tire easily. I feel like a burden to the people who love me. I was denied by disabilty for over a year, we were flat broke. I had to get an attorney to help and this was because my doctors suggested it. I finally won my case with all of their help. I have undergone every type of test known to man, and they say there is nothing to be done. I tried to attend a pain management center and the doctors there said that they could not even help me. I consider myself lucky because I have two very good doctors and am now on permanent pain management. But the pain never gets any better. I don't know why I'm sending this letter. I guess I just needed to vent to anyone who might understand. I am lonely and feel like a failure and a burden. What can I do?

sincerely, Jennifer Plateo

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: