Re: vomiting after hysterectomy

Tue Sep 28 13:48:51 2004

I had ALOT of nausea and vomiting for 3 months after my hyst, and found that ginger ale helped (ginger is known to calm the GI tract), and also found oil of peppermint helped to calm my nausea. I would put 5 drops on a tissue and then tuck the tissue under my bra strap so I could smell it where ever I went. When laying down, I would just lay it next to my head on the pillow.

When I really felt yucky, I would lay down with headphones on and calming music playing - over about 30 minutes it would calm me down and my tummy could rest. I found reading helped, not usual reading, but light books that were imaginative like: Julie of the Wolves, The Nanny Letters, The Hobbit, C S Lewis's Lion Witch and Woredrobe, Snow Dogs, etc. Fiction of places way different from my own. Some people said that sucking on a lemon drop helped them. I also found hot mint tea was good, eating small meals more frequently, and lighter foods that still had protein etc, (like custard or yogurt) was good. I am sorry you are having this, there are many here who know first hand how debilitating nausea can be. Hope some of these ideas help. Judy

> From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On
> Gina Kelley
> Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2004 2:53 PM
> Subject: vomiting after hysterectomy
>
> Hello,
> I had a hysterectomy 9 years ago. (Born 5-x-xxxx)[moderator note:
> birthdate deleted for privacy]. For
> the past year I have had stomach problems, vomiting at least a week
> or two each month. The doctos believe I have panic attacks, hand
> and feet cold and clammy, shakiness, can't concentrate, dizzy,
> hard to breath, right leg tingles, stomach turns.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: