incapacitating pelvic pain with no end in sight

Tue Sep 14 13:31:22 2004

I am a Medic and do not understand why doctors do not listen to the patient. I have been having the chronic pain off and on going on a couple of years now. The pain is in my pelvis, mostly on the right(now on the left as well), radiates to my back, and is incapacitating. I almost passed out from it a week ago. Within the last two months, I have been unsuccessful in ignoring the pain. Normally, I ignore pain and other symptoms, and they eventually go away. I hate hospitals and doctors. I become extremely nervous if I am a patient. I like my side of medicine. I have gone to 4 different doctors who have treated me like an idiot or like it's in my head. One doctor even sent me home because he didn't believe I was in pain. I almost passed out while undergoing a test, and was taken to the ER. There, the doc checked me, started a line, gave me fluids for "dehydration", called my family practice, and the doctor told her to send me home and make an appointment. I was furious, when I wasn't doubling over. I have not gone back to the ER for anything in fear that the same thing will happen. The doctors tell me to go the ER if the pain is that severe, and tell me they cannot prescribe anything for the pain because they don't know where it is coming from. And, they don't seem to pay attention to what I am telling them. Since the last doctor visit, the pain is constant and radiating to my bellybutton. Now what? I am tired of doctors and all of their medical "expertise". They don't listen to me, and keep sending me away with no answers and a feeling like I am psychologically imbalanced. Please help. I have no clue, and want to live pain free. I hate this, and am pretty upset with the treatment I have recieved thus far.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: