Barrier Drugs

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Fri Sep 10 10:25:48 2004

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of Tammy Taber Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2004 10:55 PM To: tracy.joslin@adhesions.org Subject: Re: Barrier Drugs

I think what you are referring to in SprayGel, but it is still in the Clinical Trail Study Stages and hasn't been passed by the FDA as of yet. There is also Intragel, but I don't know much about the success of that, I just know that they were using it for a while but it didn't work that good.

Women are having operations with SprayGel in Germany and they're have great success with it there. But those of us that are suffering in the US are forced to wait while the FDA decides if there are good enough benefits for the product to be passed in the United States. SprayGel is being manufactured by a pharmaceutical company, Confluent Inc. There is quite a bit of information on the internet about SprayGel, if you find something good let us know. Good Luck,

Pain Free Hugs and Best Wishes to You and Yours, Tammy Lynn Taber

>----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2004 9:15 AM Sender: chrissy_leinenbach@yahoo.com (Anne) Subject: Barrier Drugs

In 1999 I had an open abdomen gallbladder surgery which was the beginning of my adhesians nightmere. A year ago I had surgery to remove adhesians off my rib cage and now they have returned again but worse. I'm in the process of trying different pain management treatments, but unfortunately due to the location of the adhesians there isn't much relief. My doctor thinks they may be attatched to my liver as well as all the other organs that sit in you upper right abdomen. I'm getting ready to go through a secound round of injections but my doctor is wanting to send me to a surgeon again already for my 3rd one. I don't think I could handle it again.My husband has done some research and has found that they are trying to develop a drug that will lessen the chances of returning adhesions as well as a drug that will shrink them. Does anyone know anything about this and who I would need to contact before I go into surgery again?

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: