New here Hello!

Thu Sep 9 10:51:02 2004

Good Morning! Im so surprised to find so many suffering my same syptms. Exactly the same. I thought I had adhesions and IBS or Chrones not that the Adhesions could be causing the Bowel syptoms.

My story is long, I had 5 csetions followed by a hysteectomy for pain. When the Dr came in after my surgery she told me my right fallopian tube had grown to the sixe of an italian susage. ( I had it removed) so it had swollen very much for what was left of it. They left me one overay, but said I had many adhesions, and Endo, the kind that keeps growing no matter what they do.

After this surgery I was in more pain than ever, I kept calling the office and they just kept calling in pain meds, and less strong ones. Finally it was my follow up, (I hadnt left the house at all yet I was in so much pain) when they called me to go into see the Dr. I stood up and my lap was soaking wet.

The incision had herniated. So it was operation number 7 to fix this. The hernia operation had even more complications, the incision was infected, I rejected the meshing they applied, I went back and no-one would believe me.

I was at the ER 4 time in 3months, I had 104 fever and it was leaking a small amount. The Dr. sent me home He said "I doubt its infected you just have a virus"

Finally I went to another hospital and told them I wasnt leaving, they put a gross-young catheter in my heart and put me on IV antibiotics for 3 months. The infection wasnt receiding so they went in again (8th operation) cleaned in all out removed the mesh and I finally healed. The infection was there for about 5 months total.

2 months after all this I was feeling stronger, cleaning out my closet when I doubled over in pain. I went back to another OB/GYN he examined me and brought me to his office. He said I know youve been through alot but you have an orange size growth on your remaining ovry. (operation 9) same incision!

Before all of this I was waitressing. I was always in Custmer service but the jobs and pay were horrible, so I started to waitress, I was great at it, I loved it, fast paced, I love people and made great money. So now my tummy wall is shredded. I cant do that. Im always in pain. I went to work in customer service again. And was let go in 6 months due to being hosp[italised 3 times, and missing work many days.

Every day is a struggle for me. My bowels are funny, I have midnight attacks of having to go, one time I bled rectally thats when the Drs finally admitted I was even having bowel trouble. I had been tested in the hospital but they kept saying nothing was wrong.

My primary beleieves me, he was my Dr before all of this and knows I was tough as nails through my c sections and life in general until all of this.

I have a 10yr old that doesnt even know the real me, Ive been ill since she was 5.

Financially things are getting tough here again, and I am appliying for SS Disability.

No one undestand your always in pain. I dont live in bed because I feel guilty (and bored). I live with the help of pain meds. I loved workign but I was so broken when I got fired, Id never been fired before never. I could go back t any job I ever had until now. I cant sit more than 10 min in any psition. Cant stand for long then I feel pulling. I cant lift ANYTHING cant vaccum, sweep reach. If I do I pay for it dearly.

Now I have another problem Im worried about, bladder control. I have constant pressure. Always have to go like Im preganat. Also the bowle thing, and my appitite. Im loosing weiht now, Ive gone from a size 18 to 10 in about 9 months.

Its getting more rapid now.

I have been to 3 surgeons, I want them to scope me but they say with the adhesions its too dangerous. So what do I do? they wont touch me due to my history, so Ill have to wait until I am in an emergency and almost die for them to take a look and see whats going on inside. This really scares me. I sometimes laye at night and cry in fear that Im going to die before I know the extent of whats up in my abdomin.

Im in NJ near Philly if anyone knows a Dr who could help me.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: