Re: Another question about Adhesions

Wed Sep 8 10:06:00 2004

Yes, I have developed IBS from adhesions and I am losing weight. I didn't weigh much to begin with. But I now weigh only 111 lbs. and I'm 5'7". I am to the point now where I can barely eat anything. When I am real careful I don't poop very much, but if I eat anything IBS inducing, I poop my brains out. There is no happy medium. At this point I am nauseous all the time too. I cannot eat any fat, fiber, dairy, red meat, whole grains, raw fruits or veggies and a lot of cooked ones I can't eat either, or anything acidic. This is practically everything! I don't know what to do anymore! I feel like I am going to starve to death! Do you have the same food problems? I've been looking for someone like me. I keep on insisting that it is my adhesions but the doctors brush me off telling me that it must be something else. I asked, then how come every time the adhesions are cut I can eat anything again, and when they grow back, I am restricted again. They actually told me that the anesthesia can mask other problems for a certain amount of time. Humm, that means that the anesthesia masked my food problems for two years after my first surgery! That doesn't make any sense! Why is it that if your intestines are all stuck together by scar tissue, they don't think that that would be a problem with digesting food? Please tell me what your food problems are. I've been looking to find someone else like me so that I know I'm not crazy!

At Mon, 6 Sep 2004, Beanie wrote: >

Has anyone got IBS (Irritable Bowel) along with their adhesions?

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: