Adhesions on the bowel

Tue Sep 7 22:29:55 2004

I am a forty year woman and I have suffered with Endo since I was a teenager.

I have had endless operatons including a hsyterectomy where the surgeon left surgical swabs inside me . These swabs attatched themselves to the bowel and I have had problems ever since- no obstructions as yet (Thank God)_.

Last year I had my Gallbladder removed and I had a diveticular remover from my stomach, at the time my surgeon said that there was very bad adhedsions on my left upper side and right side , making surgery difficult.

Now I find myself unable to pass bowel motions properly, I have pain right across my upper stomach as if someone has winded me and sharp pain every now and again. I now have to have a berium enima next week. I am scared that they will tell me that I need to have yet another operation. I feel I will not be able to cope with another op. I am afraid of what they may find.

I have discussed this with my doctor , who , is unable to give me any answers as to my pain and his main concern is that I am high risk for obstruction, this is also something that scares me. Has anyone had similar expereinces.

Look forward to some feedback C

--
Christine

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: