Re: FW: pain management

Tue Sep 7 11:03:26 2004

Hi Jeanne! I went to a pain management clinic. They gave me shots in my back called intercostal nerve blocks. They actually made my pain worse. The coolest thing was that I was numb for part of the day, and didn't deal with the pain. The bad news is when the numbness wore off, the pain was unbearable, I was even dealing with muscle spasms for about 2 weeks afterwards. Then I was sent to another pain clinic, and was basically told that there was nothing that they could do for me. I could get set up for therapy, and join a chronic pain group.

I just feel it is more money being paid out with no results. Although everyone's experiences are different. What didn't work for me, might work for someone else. I have been living on percocet, and just recently been put on methadone for long term pain management. The methadone is not working.

I just quit my job with the state of Oregon. I can no longer perform the duties of my position. I just gave up excellent health benefits, and pay. I can't do it anymore. I am at home more than I am at work. I know this is really going to hurt us, but after battling for 3 years, it is time to put myself first. It might not hurt to go in for a cosultation with the pain clinic to see what they can offer. I know it is scarey.

Good luck to you. Cheryl

> -----Original Message-----
> From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf
Of >Jeanne Aughenbaugh
> Sent: Friday, July 30, 2004 10:20 AM
> > Subject: pain management
>
> It been awhile since I have written since I have been trying to do
>something about these adhesions. I had surgery with Dr. Gerhart in June
and >I am right back where I started from. 4 1/2 hours of cutting and after he
>filled me with fluid I feft good for about a week and a half and then the
>same old stuff slowly started coming back and now its the same as before
>with the additional soarness. I have been taking pain meds ever since and
>now they want to send me to a pain management clinic. Can anyone tell me
>what their experience has been or is with these clinics. I will try
>anything but am still skeptical because I always believed you can sugar
coat >the pain but it is never going to go away unless you get rid of the
problem. >I am at my wits end again.
>
> I will see Dr. Gerhart in two weeks, if I can last that long.
>
> Jeanne

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: