pain from ruptured appendix is it adhesions? what should I do?

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Tue Mar 23 21:13:37 2004

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of Tammy Taber Sent: Sunday, March 21, 2004 4:51 PM To: tracy.joslin@adhesions.org Subject: Re: pain from ruptured appendix is it adhesions? what should I do?

Dear Shawn, I am sorry to hear of your pain. A friend of mine had her appendix rupture years back and she too is having pain now and also wondering if she has adhesions.

Perhaps your doctor might try to do a laparoscopy, which is where the doctor would make a couple of small incisions and then insert a microscope and/or a camera that is on the end of a long tube, they move it around inside to see what they can see.

Adhesions won't show up in a MRI or a CT Scan, the buggers are pretty much invisible. But if they can get a laparoscope's in there then they could see if adhesions are present. However, be aware of a risk in a laparoscopy to view adhesions, they have to be careful not to 'push' past anything, it's hard to tell if what is being push through is scar tissue (adhesions) or a vital organ, intestine, bowel, or colon.

Well hope this helps a little, take care and let me know what happens with you.

Pain Free Hugs and Wishes to You and Yours, Tammy Lynn Taber

>----- Original Message -----
From: International Adhesions SocietySent: Friday, March 19, 2004 7:52 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: pain from ruptured appendix is it adhesions? what should I do?

Sender: smboyle@mail.com (shawn) I am a 38 year old male. my appendix ruptured 20 years ago and I have been fine up until about 4 years ago.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: