Hello, 1st post here. Hoping to find help.

Mon Mar 15 23:08:32 2004

Hello, this is my first post here.

I am a 33 yo. mother of three. I have had three surgeries to remove/release adhesions.

It has been almost 18 months since my last surgery and I am once again experiencing pain signifigant enough to warrant giving surgery thought once again.

I swore I'd never have another surgery for adhesions.

I feel so helpless and hopeless right now.

Prior to this pain returning (in the past week) I had been doing so well managing my pain. I'd been exercising, eating well..... I take amitriptyline 10 mg. nightly to help with the pain associated with the adhesions on my bowel.

The problem I am experiencing right now is that I feel the adhesion must be kinking something? I don't know. It's so difficult to explain.

I have this searing pain that I get up my vagina preceeding the feeling you get signaling the need to empty your bowels. I have had this feeling once or twice in the past, however, this is unbearable and consistent for days now.

When the pain strikes, it is the kind of pain that makes you stop dead in your tracks, unable to move, literally paralyzing you.

I have a US scheduled w/my OB tomorrow, which is always her first step in diagnosing/helping me.

I've been quite pleased w/my dr. I've been with her now for 10 years and she's always been very supportive of me and always believes me when I tell her I'm in pain, which is more than I can say for some dr.'s/friends/family.

Anyway...sorry to ramble on. Just feeling desperate for someone who's in the same boat as me right now.

Thanks.

--
Rebecca

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: