Rectal Spasms-cramps (like leg cramps)

Mon Mar 15 23:02:51 2004

I need some information please.

A quick history: I have had pelvic and abdominal adhesions for about 13 years now. During that time, I have undergone 11 major surgeries to sweep them down, etc., etc. Without going into great detail about my surgical/adhesion past, I have begun to have another problem.

Approximately 7 months ago I started having pain in my rectal area; the pain is intense and wakes me up in the middle of the night. Additionally, I have never experienced this type of pain or problem during intercourse; however, I know that there is a first time for everything. It is similar to a muscle spasm or cramp. I went to my GYN last month and he sent me to a doctor that specialized in colon health, after the exam, he determined that I had no other symptoms that would indicate I had any health problems with that area. He did, however, conclude that considering my history, (which I provided to him in original forms from previous physicians), that adhesions were the problem and that I should see a GYN in the next city, (which is larger) for medical treatment and/or possibly surgery.

My need is this, has anyone experienced this “rectal spasms or cramps”, if so what was done to rid the problem? Can it be the adhesions wrapped around my colon? Does this grow worse or will it take care of itself? Anything you can share with me would help. Thanks a bunch for listening…RM

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: