Re: Post Op Numbness

Wed Feb 4 07:50:57 2004

Hi Sherry,

I had a laparotomy in February, 2001 for endometriosis and lots of adhesions, etc. Anyway, I noticed immediately that my left leg, on the top of my thigh was numb. I couldn't feel the skin. I found out that it was because they cut some nerves. The nerves do reconnect over time. It probably took about a year. It was so slow that I don't even remember the moment that I could feel it again. It just seemd that the circle of numbness would shrink slowly from the outter edges toward the center. When I shaved my legs I remember feeling like it was someone else's leg. It was really weird. As for your arm, I'm not sure about that. I didnt' have that experience. I hope this helped.

--
Chris

At Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Sherry wrote: > >3 weeks ago I had surgery to remove my ovaries and tubes due to >endometriosis. ....... Well I'm getting a little concerned because it is >not going away, my arm feels like it is asleep permanetly. Has anyone >had this experience after this type of surgery? Thanks for your time > >-- >Sherry >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: