Starting to get really down

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Thu Jan 29 20:06:48 2004

Good Morning!

Wow I can't believe how much what you just wrote sounds like what I've been going through. The only difference is that I have been getting violently sick with these attacks every so often while going through this. I think it's just when I get so backed up it's like a 'toxin' to my body and thus the severe attacks with pain and throwing up. I've had around 20 attacks in the last 18 months.

I too am on laxatives daily and quite a few of the days they just don't seem to do any good. I've gained 20 pounds in the last year and a half and I'm not the type of person that ever gains weight like this. I only feel comfortable when I'm wearing sweat pants because jeans puts too much pressure on my stomach making me feel worse.

I too can only eat small amounts or I feel like I've eaten a big Xmas dinner when I definitely didn't.

I've been taken into the hospital many times either by ambulance or by my family with these attacks. They keep telling me that nothing is wrong except my white blood cells are elevated. Feed me pain med's and something to stop the throwing up until the finally get me to stop and then send me home. Big help huh?? I've told them before to please just keep me there until the figure out what's wrong but they don't.

The reason that I'm writing this is to let you know that there are other people out there that feel the same way. It's not fun and I already have two other diseases in themselves make living very hard most days. Seems like some of us get dealt some pretty crappy hands in my opinion. You take care and drop me a line anytime that you need to talk!!

Tamilyn

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: