Re: gallbladder removal and adhesions

Sun Jan 25 21:09:35 2004

I,too, have suffered severely form PHANTOM PAIN! I had my gall bladder removed on 3/22/00 instead of getting better I was in more pain than ever. Over the next 2 1/2 years I saw 15 different Drs.,all over the state of AZ. 99% treated me like I was a NUT!!! I even went to counseling, all they wanted to do was give me anti-depressants. Nothing to deal with the pain. I had ever tests imaginable some ever twice. ZIP,NADA NOTHING! To make a very long story short I finally found a surgeon who did exploratory surgery on me. Guess What? I was full of adhesions. My intestines, colon,duodenum, pancreas were all adherred to my liver with dense adhesions. My surgeon used Seprafilm, I am 50 to 75% better now. But not 100%, and it was not immediate, it was several months after my surgery in July of 2002 before I started feeling a decrease in pain.I have my life back, not as it was before my Nightmare gall bladder surgery but as good as I can make it on a day to day basis. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact me. Take Care, Rita

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: