Can anything make adhesions form faster?

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Tue Jan 6 09:36:21 2004

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of Sheila Wymer Sent: Monday, January 05, 2004 3:58 PM Subject: Re: Can anything make adhesions form faster?

My answer is yes. I have severe adhesions and I know that any kind of physical activity except for swimming makes them grow faster. My opinion is if it hurts, you feel any kind of tugging or pulling, don't do it. I honestly feel that the tugging and pulling sensation is causing them to grow at a tremendous rate. From: paxtonrs@aol.com (Ronda) Subject: Can anything make adhesions form faster?

I have had 3 surgeries in the past 3 1/2 years. The first was a colectomy which was followed 2 1/2 years later by my first bowel obstruction (from adhesions) surgery and am now recovering from my second obstruction surgery. My surgeon both times has said that I had extensive adhesion formation. My question is this, are there any physical activities that my speed up the formation of adhesions? I ride a horse on a routine basis that is comparable to riding a jack hammer. He has very big rough gaits and it is a tough torso workout to ride him. I frequently have abdominal pain after riding. Am I making things worse faster?

--
Ronda

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: