Hysterectomy the answer?

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Tue Dec 30 22:25:41 2003

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of Fragmidas@aol.com Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 9:16 AM Subject: Re: Hysterectomy the answer?

Please think long and hard before you have a hysterectomy. I went through all the same things you did, the horrible pain, the bladder problems which i still have post hysterectomy, but now, along with it, i have the hormonal imbalance problems too. I have night sweats, I have hot flashes and so far I am unable to take hormone replacement because they make me sick so I suffer. I found a wonderful doctor in Atlanta that said there are so many things they can do now before settling on having a hysterectomy that they could never do before. He said he wishes he met me before I had it. You body goes through major changes afterward and most of the ones that i have been through were not for the better.

Please, if you have any questions or you would just like to talk, Im here. When I decided to have the hysterectomy, I kept thinking that it would be worth it if i didnt have to live with this pain anymore but after it was over and I still had the same pain, I was crushed. Since that surgery in 2000 I have had 9 more surgeries to try to get to the root of the problem. I will never give up hope of someday being able to have somewhat of a normal life without all of this pain but so far, I havent found a solution and neither have the doctors but i am still looking. Im 40 years old and I have been living with these problems since I was 17. I had endometriosis and had terrible problems with ovarian cysts because of it. I got peritinitis from a burst ovarian cyst in 1996 which grew to the size of a lemon. It took the hospital 5 days to figure out why i had an infection and what caused it. I had a temp of 104 for all that time and it took them three days to find an antibiotic to treat the infection. by that time the damage was done. The adhesions formed because of the infection and my entire upper abdomin was affected. that is my story.

your friend,

susie - south jersey

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: