Pregnancy and adhesions

Thu Nov 20 22:15:18 2003

I am posting this in case anyone is ever in dire need of a laproscopy and finds out they are pregnant. My wife went to Germany for adhesion surgery and found out the day before surgery she was 3 months pregnant. I did not realize this until recently, but we were very lucky about the doctor we went to see for the lysis. He uses a different procedure than normal laproscopy. Since this was gasless, he was safely able to perform a laproscopy instead of a laprotomy. I credit him with one, saving my childs life and two saving my wife from months of recovery and scars.

What I think is really scary is, if I had picked any other doctor. They would probably never have told me about gasless laproscopy and instead either aborted my child or done a laprotomy which probably would have had the same outcome.

Please email me if you are ever in this situation. Surgery was a breeze and my wife and baby are doing great.

{editorial note} == regular laparoscopy may also be performed in pregnancy depending on the circumstances and that gasless is not the only option for a pregnant woman.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: