Re: adhesions and cysts

Mon Nov 17 21:30:15 2003

Scar tissue, or adhesions, most definitely regrow. I had two surgeries to help me to get pregnant. After each, there is a window of time where it is easier to achieve pregnancy. My doctor even had me on Clomid so that more than one egg would mature each month. He called it hyperovulation. He did this because he was aware that the adhesions return and he wanted me to get pregnant as soon as possible. Both times I had surgery and I was pregnant within 2 months after. Both times I used Clomid.

Be aware, however, that you will deal with adhesions long after you have your children. Over time you most likely will develop other complications. For me, I think the cost was worth having 2 beautiful children. Although here I am, ten years after my first surgery, dealing with adhesions. I had surgery with Dr. Reich and Dr. Gerhart 3 months ago (my sixth) and at this point I still feel great. I'm holding my breath to see what is eventually going to come back. I definitely think it was worth it to seek treatment with experts in this problem.

Good Luck!

--
Nancy

At Mon, 10 Nov 2003, joye wrote: > >Several years ago I was diagnosed as having an ovarian cyst. Upon >laparscopic surgery the Dr. found that there were adhesions connecting >my ovary to my uterus. I was fairly young and not well informed so I >didn't ask many questions. Now that I am trying to get pregnant I am >having some serious concerns. I have recently found that I have another >fairly large cyst and have been trying to get pregnant for over a year. >During the laparscopic surgery the Dr. said that he removed as much >scar tissue as possible. Does this scar tissue regrow? I was not given >a cause for the adhesions so could this be keeping me from getting >prgnant? Finally what things should I discuss with my Dr. this time >around? Please help!!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: