im back from Atlanta!!!

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Thu Nov 6 06:11:21 2003

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of Fragmidas@aol.com Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 12:03 PM Subject: im back from Atlanta!!!

Hello there everyone!!! I just wanted to let you all know that I went to Atlanta for surgery with Dr. Albee at the Center for Endo and I have to say that it was the most wonderful surgerical experience i have ever had. This doctor is definately the most caring doctor and staff that i have ever encountered in all my years of living with this disease. we corresponded through emails for a few months. I sent him all my medical records which he actually reviewed each and every page and then he sent me a letter saying he thought he could help me. When i got there, he talked with me for about an hour, wanting to learn as much about me and my pain as he possibly could before surgery and then he asked if he could say a prayer first. That really meant so much to me, knowing that he was not only a medical doctor, but a doctor with strong spiritual values as well. Each and every person in that office was so caring, kind and compassionate, it almost made me cry. I underwent a four hour surgery to remove adhesions. He said that i was loaded with adhesions so bad that he said he didnt know how i could even go to the bathroom. He wanted me to spend the night since I was from out of town and he wanted to make sure there were no complications before i was released.

What a wonderful place. Have you ever heard of a hospital having a room service menu to order from?? anything you could think of and they sent it right away. I also had some problems with pain later on and they were in my room in seconds with a shot for my pain. Its been 10 days since my surgery and I cant yet tell if the surgery was a success. I do feel some relief from standing and its also much easier to go to the bathroom. Im sure in the next few weeks i will be able to tell a little better. He did say that the adhesions will probably come back but he said they will never be as bad as they were to start. He is the first doctor to ever acknowledge that adhesions were what was causing my pain. all other doctors and surgeons said that it must be something else. I feel so much better just knowing that im not crazy!!!!

Thank you all for your support,

Susie - south jersey

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: