My pelvic pain - is it adhesions?

Thu Oct 9 06:37:23 2003

I have been experiencing pelvic pain for the last 6 months. I have had 3 c-sections, the last one being in May of 2002. What is odd about my pain is that it is only at night really. I do sometimes feel what I would call a "ghost" of the pain during the day. At night, I awaken with the pain like a sharp piercing feeling and it is very near the site of my incision (lower uterine). During the day, if I feel discomfort there it is like the strain one feels in your calf after getting a charley horse. My pain goes away when I get up, or if I empty my bladder, or pass gas, and sometimes if I change sleeping positions. It is as though any sort of pressure aggravates it. If I have a hot bath or have sex before bed, or sleep on a heating pad, the pain does not seem to be as bad.

I have had a CAT Scan, an ultrasound, several pelvic exams, urine tests. The CT scan showed lower abdominal swelling, everything else has come back normal. During my pelvic exams I have discomfort on palpitation of the uterus. Some of my doctors thought I have interstitial cystytis, but I don't think that is it because I don't have frequency, urgency, problems with sex, etc. I have also noted for the last 8 months that my periods have been a little irregular and the flow is different as well. Anyone else out there have anything similar to this? What course of action should I take next? I have already been to 4 different doctors and so far no one has really done anything to help me.

--
Gail

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: