Pelvic Adhesions: I would like to know more about treatment

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Wed Oct 8 07:43:28 2003

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of Janine Love Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 12:19 PM To: tracy.joslin@adhesions.org Subject: Re: Pelvic Adhesions: I would like to know more about treatment

Hi Mandy;

I wasn't told not to have another child, because after my first child (via c-section - the start of all my adhesion problems) we couldn't understand why I couldn't get pregnant again. I never sought out a reason for the infertility, but after 4.5 years trying I did get pregnant and when having my second c-section they found all the terrible adhesions. My adhesions were so bad then when they performed the c-section (and although I was a week past due and pregnant with a 9.5 lb baby) they could not find my uterus due to the mass of adhesions covering the area. They had to push the baby down exteriorly until the uterus popped through the adhesions.

Doctors aren't god, and should not be telling you that you can't get pregnant. It may take longer, but as I said before, if you have had a child vaginally before and feel that the next will be the same, then hopefully all will go well. A c-section however could drastically increase your problems.

I hope this helps you - best of luck, and please let us know how things go.

Janine

>----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 12:08 PM Sender: mbeatty@mbrmidland.ca (Mandy Beatty) Subject: Re: Pelvic Adhesions: I would like to know more about treatment

I just wanted to say that I am kind of in the same boat, I am only 22 and I have a two year old. I was recently married and have a loving husband. Two weeks after I had my daughter I had my appendix out, I have been having problems ever since. I was having such pain that I would pass out, my gyn did a laproscopic and they determined that because of the surgery I hade to have my appendix removed I now have Omental adhesions really bad. I too would love to have another one, dr told me that I cannot have one. Please write back to me.

Mandy Beatty

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: