Re: I feel abandonned

Mon Aug 11 13:56:52 2003

I am so sorry to hear that this is happening to you- my heart goes out to you. This is the last thing you need when you are in pain. I know what it feels like to be betrayed by a doctor. I had a GYN bring me to tears in the office telling me I had to learn how to be a grown woman and deal with cramps (my adhesions are around my uterus from 3 c-sections and that time of the month is my worst 9/10 on the pain scale). If you can get a copy of your records from the office staff at your doctor's it will give you a chance to read what he has written about you in his notes. You can see where he was coming from/what his true thoughts about your case were. Maybe the answers to his cold shoulder are in there. Then you can decide if you want to share that file with the new doctor. I had a friend of mine who thought she had a good doctor-was helping her-listening to her-and when she got a copy of the office file she was very upset and shocked to read what the doctor was actually thinking about her-he was saying one thing to her and documenting something else (it finally made sense why the referrals he sent her to never helped or went anywhere towards a healthy solution). He deserved to be sued for his conduct! I do truly believe in honesty as a beginning in any relationship with a doctor. So when you see the new doctor it's my opinion that you share as much as you can feel comfortable with. Just start at the beginning-answer the doc's questions and tell her where you are hurting. Be as open as you feel you can-even if it gets a little emotional. Sorry if this reply rambled too long- I do want to help. I know it is so draining to begin all over again with a new doctor-try to hang in, I will say a prayer for you. Jackie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: