I feel abandonned

Mon Aug 11 12:13:30 2003

I am truly furious. My gyn has blown me off. I went to my gyn a few weeks ago for my follow up to my laparoscopy in April, and my yearly... I told him my adhesions that were cut, seem to be reforming. That familiar pain, in the same place is back. He talked about going back in and seeing just how they are reforming, and lysis again. November was to be the time frame... He did say the blah blah about my having to learn to live with pain, and such, too. I wrote him a letter with some questions I thought of after the fact, request for help with pain, etc 7/21. After not hearing anything last week, I sent him the letter again by fax 8/6. I have heard nothing. Not even the referral for my mammogram has come, which I also asked for in the letter. I can't believe this. I trusted him to help me. I was open, and tried to be as on top of it as I could. I am so upset I am doing nothing but crying. I hate the thought of starting over with another doc, but that is what I am doing now... I have lost confidence in my old doc. This new gyn is a female, and she has helped me in the past before her own practice. She now takes my insurance, so I think I will go there. I just hate having to hash the history, and come across like a surgi-hollic, drug seeking blob. I certainly don't understand what happend that he decided not to respond at all and blow me off... I am at a loss and feel really stupid. I have the appt with the new doc 9/11, hope that is not a bad omen.... Geesh. Any suggestions on how to start with her? What to say so I don't look completely obsurd? I am certainly insecure now.... Thanks

--
Sammie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: