One Year!!!!! No Pain!!!!!

Sun Aug 10 20:57:07 2003

What can I say. This has been a long journey for both of us, mostly Pam. Today, August 10, 2003 is one year from her last surgery!!!! Can I get an AMEN?? It started here on this message board in 1999 when I posted a plea (actually groveling and sobbing) for help. Within 24 hours I had not only help, but a worldwide support group for both me and Pam. We began a journey down a road that 99% (my guess only, not proven) of surgeons refuse to help with. We met Drs. Reich, Redan, Gerhart, and finally Korell from Germany. Both Pam and myself refused to listen to arrogant surgeons talk down to us and make statements such as "give up", "go disabled", "your here for the drugs", and best of all, "there is no hope, live with it, lose 20 pounds, it does not cause pain, it is in your head!!!" We read everything, became educated with the help of Bev, Helen, Chrissy, Helen C., Beth, and many, many more. They all became friends, sometimes have chat room talks at wee hours of the morning due to not sleeping because of the pain. Some we have met and will cherish the meeting for ever. Some we lost to the Lord, and cried at the funeral. Pam and myself went to Germany to seek barriers the USA FDA drags their feet on. First one was Intergel. It worked some, but not completely. Then came SprayGel. On August 10, 2003 Dr. Korell performed his second look (very important) surgery on Pam. Twelve months later, Pam is adhesion pain free. She is a nurse that has returned to the O.R. again after giving it up 12 years ago due to pain. We are not touting that Dr. Korell is the best and only adhesion surgeon. We know him and love him for what he did for Pam, and me.There are other surgeons using SprayGel in Europe and elsewhere other than the USA. Two ladies living in our area hav gone and seen him last year and they are now both productive. One a teacher, now teaching again. No More Adhesion Pain!!! To those still suffering, my heart is with you and your family. Do not give up. If Germany is not possible, it will get released someday in the USA. Consider Germany though. The cost compared to US is much lower, but you must deal with travel, 2 surgeries, and time away from home. It can be done. Again, this site is the right place for you to be. You are not alone. Anyone here is willing to help any way they can. I personally praise God everyday for having my 'Pam' back. We just spent one week snorkeling in the Florida Keys with our 2 teen age children and each brought a friend.

--
In Friendship,
    Bob Markford

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: