Re: Zelnor recognizes Adhesions

Sat Aug 2 20:28:04 2003

I also heard this commercial this past week and almost dropped my teeth! What a surprise! Of course, I had not been paying strict attention about what the drug was for... I assume it is to help relieve constipation... which means moving food through the intestines quicker. Then I assumed that because the intestines cannot move normally in the ARD sufferer, that perhaps the influence of this drug on our intestines would possibly be a bit dangerous and possibly more painful by inducing more "violent" contractions of the GI tract than would be safe considering our "constitution." Could that be a possibility?

Most "product inserts" are also available online at the product site or can be obtained from any pharmacist. There would also be a toll-free number to call; perhaps we need clarification from the manufacturer about just what the effect would be and why it is to be avoided. wr PS- Disclaimer... I'm just working my way through July's posts and have not yet gotten to August. Perhaps this has already been covered these past few days. Too bad the format here makes it so hard to follow a thread.

At Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Jean wrote: >
>Just thought I would make everyone aware (if they didn't already know).
>I saw a commercial on "TV" for the drug called Zelnor.
>I was in disbelief when they mentioned the people who should not take
>this drug.
>People with ADHESIONS was on the list of people who should not take this
>drug!
>
>They actually said the word ADHESIONS...and on TV where everyone can
>hear it (LOL)!!!
>Wow....they can say swear words on TV (since that is how it has been
>treated)....Tee Hee!
>JEAN
>
>--