Re: Your thoughts and prayers for Ann Marie

Tue Jul 1 23:02:10 2003

I want to thank Dawn, and karen, and anyone else who put me in there thoughts and prayers, while i was in the hospital. I am now home, with the help of my moms persistance.I am still sick, and was in the hospital for another medical problem I have called hydrocephalus ( fluid on the brain) not adhesion related. I went to the er in boston wed. afternoon,with a severe headache, nausea, and a fever of 103.8, and blood in my stool and spent many loooong hours in the er while they did a million tests, and tuck needles in my head ( with no novacaine and wide awake might I add)to test fluid from my brain, and was admitted to pediatrics thursday morning at 2:00 am. They found I had c-diff,and mywhite blood count was high, but they didnt find anything wrong ith my shunt( the tube that i perminitly have to drain the fluid from my head into my abdomen) however with all 4 shunt taps they did ( which is when they stick a needle in the top of my head where my shunt begins, and takes a sample of fluid, thy are the most PAINFUL things I ever have to have, they keep you awake to do it, and do NOT use any novicaine! when they did all 4 shunt taps ( which should be called shunt stabs because they are the MOST painful things in the world, and trust me even tho I'm only 19 have been thry some pretty painful things in my life.) wellwhen they did it ALL 4 times NO fluid came out at all th firs 3 times and the last time the Dr , nurse, and my mom said only 1 in ahalf to 2 drops of fluid cam out, which usually doesnt happen and the dr said isnt suppose to happen, which would make me think is why I'm so sick, but they had no explaination of why I'm sick or why i had no fluid. My mom is pretty upset and so am I cause I spent 6 days in the hospital, and went thru heck,and am not n e better then whe I went in except my fever is gone. We are thinking about looking for a new neurosurgen. To me and my mom this isnt something you can just say well were not sure if somethings wrong and if there is wht it is, this is my brain were talking about! Well thats pretty much everything in a long story short. I also want to let EVERYONE here know what a wonderful person Dawn is, she came to visit me at the hospital, and me and my mom fell inlove with her! she is SOOOOOOO sweet, and is a 1in a million friend, andan exceptional person, and I am vry happy to have met her in person, she is just as beautiful on the outside as she is on the inside, and I am SOOOOOOOOOOO gratful to have met her! Agian thanks everyone who had me in there thoughts expcially dawn nd karen it really means alot! I hope everyone is feeling well.

At Fri, 27 Jun 2003, Dawn wrote: >
>Please all, Ann Marie has ended up in hospital and has access to a
>computer there. I am sure she could use a dose of hope, love and
>courage from us. Please let her know how much we care and post a short
>note if you can.
>Love,
>Dawn

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: