Re: Surgery Outcome

Thu May 1 22:29:54 2003

Brandi:

When I had my hysterectomy, they were able to leave one ovary inside so I could avoid hormone replacement. Having the uterus out of the way has brought significant pain relief, although the adhesions did come back. I was a 9 out of 10, and now most days I'm only about a 3. I'm dealing with bowel disfunction with the pain, but it is nowhere near as bad as before. I'm glad that they left one ovary intact.

Is your endo only on the outside of your uterus? If so, it will be removed when the uterus is removed. The adhesions are related to the endo, but are not connected to the hormones like endo. My pain and bowel problems are not cyclical so there was no reason not to leave in the ovary.

Good Luck.

--
Nancy

At Thu, 1 May 2003, Brandi wrote: > >I made it thru the surgery.......but the bad news is that they have >determined there was SO much adhesions and Endo that I have to have a >full Hyst?? >This coming from the doc who said If you have Endo (SIGH).....He told my >husband he was sorry that he dint listen to me about pain >now............ >So as I am laying here...Wondering if this will truely be the answer. >Thank you all for your kind words and support, I am truely touched. >I have a question......Is there alternative hormone therapys out there?? >I am 38 and now am worried about the statisics of breast cancer....... > >-- >Brandi Lyn Lee >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: