Omega-3 fatty Acids

Thu Apr 24 15:21:50 2003

OK, so I am the new kid on the block, and have a question that I could not find an answer to while searching the database. Seems to me that all our adhesions are, in simplest terms, is an uncontrolled and exagerated inflammatory response. For whatever reason our bodies are saying, hey, there's something we have to heal here. If this is the case has anybody had any luck with Omega-3 Fatty Acid (EPA) supplementation to help reduce the inflammatory response? Studies show it helps in some types of arthritis. Another micro is TGF-B2 (don't ask me where it can be gotten in sole supplement form) that is known to significantly decrease the inflammatory response in people with Chrohns, not only in the GI tract but also in those w/ AS in the ligaments and connective tissue strictures.

Has anybody had any luck with oral micro supplementation as an attempt to control the source of the growth? Or am I just dreaming a simple dream?

I also read somewhere that prophelactic use of antihistimines, steroids, and anti-inflammatories can help inhibit growth. Has anybody had any luck with this method. My concern is being only 2 weeks post lap I want to be as proactive as possible WITH PROVEN METHODS in heping to minimize future growth. Seems to me the method my OB suggested of placing me into early menopause really hasn't worked well for most that are writing in.

Thank you all for your patience with all my questions,

--
Nina

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: