Women in Pain.....Petition to The Medical Community of the United States. Let your voice be heard!!

Mon Apr 21 13:46:36 2003

Women In Pain Petition...To: The Medical Community of the United States. Let your voice be heard!!

http://www.petitiononline.com/winpain/petition.html

"Stop the bias which prevents the ethical and equal treatment of women with chronic pain diseases…now."

~ ~ ~ ~

I just finished sending my petition. I am petition # 1350.

"It took me 27 years to find a doctor, who believed my complaints of pain were real - and then offered and performed the diagnostic laparoscopy that proved massive adhesions had attached my omentum to my abdominal wall (from a laparotomy in 1970). I had been examined at the Mayo Clinic at Rochester, MN five times between 1970 and 1992. Since all of my diagnostic tests were always negative for abnormal pathology, I was labeled as having psychoneurosis - and told to get an evaluation at a mental health clinic. Doctors treated me as though my pain was " all in my head." I was laughed at!! I was verbally abused when a gastroenterologist (from the Mayo Clinic) accused me of wasting their time!! No doctor ever prescribed pain medication to relieve the intractable pain I was forced to live with day after day and night after night!! Not only did I have to live with untreated chronic pain; but also the lives of my husband and 4 children (ages 5-15) were also severely affected!! " First do no harm?"

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: