Re: Joe and Irene

Tue Apr 8 23:38:27 2003

dear sally irene and i just came back from our initial meeting with dr. reich. he seems to be a very knowledgable dr. and very decent man.the only tough part was the drive to p.a. since we had a spring snow storm yesterday. but than again thats only par for the course with irene's adhesion condition. why should anything go smoothly.sally i really cannot believe the stories that i have read on this site.i read every night here so i can fully understand what my wife is going thru.you know even to this day my mind drifts to other thoughts and still i think that the drs. are missing something.then i just read her post sugery reports and there are those words EXTENSIVE ADHESIONS.for the life of me i truly cannot believe all the experts cannot fix the problems. and something which seems like it should be so simple to rectify remains a mystery.i have a few dr. friends including surgeons and they all believe adhesions (damn i'm starting to hate that word)can cause pain and indirectly cause disease.especially to organs!they are very open minded and i also told them about spraygel and they all said that they would research the product for there own use in the future or when it becomes available here.god only knows how long that will take.sally i really don't see on this site many husbands writing in on what is happening to thier wives and describing their thoughts on the subject.after reading alot of the posts here i guess irene has really been pretty fortunate in the sense that she only has had one surgery directly due to adhesions. not so lucky that it was an open surgery . well we're sure dr. reich will give it his best and we're feeling very confident.we would also like to see more posts from other people who have experienced surgery with dr riech or other drs. i imagine all of the people posting here know how much good it does for one's mindset to read the posts and truly get to understand that one is not alone in this battle. i do know that this can be conquered for one and all.we just need to stay postive!GOD BLESS I+J

At Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Sally Grigg wrote: >
>Hi, Dear Joe, I just wanted to say what a good job you did in
>writing that email and what a great job you are doing in supporting
>your wife. My story is similar in many ways to yours. If my husband
>had not been strong and supportive enough to practically carry me to
>Germany and Dr. Kruschinski, I probably would not be here today. The
>unending pain gets you down. Its so hard to function and remain
>optimistic,
>but if you have family who just plain refuse to let you give up, its
>incredibly helpful. Obviously, you have to be motivated yourself, or
>its all for nought. ARD destroys lives in so many ways, by taking awour abilities and replacing them with pain and mental confusion. After
>hearing
>doctor after doctor telling you that you are crazy and its all in your
>head
>and adehsions don't cause pain, it takes a lot of strength to just hold
>your head high and keep on going. We are not the problem, the incorrect
>information
>taught in medical schools is the problem. So dear Joe and Irene, keep on
>trying and good luck to you both. You deserve the best. Love, Sally
>Grigg

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: