Part 3 of 3...Hurtful coments * some doctors * have told their patients, who already suffer from ARD...

Tue Apr 1 11:42:42 2003

...The doctor looked at my husband as if I were not there. He laughed as he turned to my husband and said: "Does she complain when she brushes her hair too?"

...I pressed on your belly; and I did not feel anything out of place.

...My doctor said: "I really don't understand how you could be in that much pain! You're healing perfectly in there. There is no reason for your pain - no reason at all!...... When I obtained my medical records, the first words I saw were: "probably adhesions!" My doctor never mentioned one word about adhesions - until finally my CT-scan was re-read and showed "loops of bowel fixed." Then he finally had to admit that I had adhesions; but then he said, "Adhesions will stretch and you will be perfectly fine."

...After having been unnecessarily exposed to harmful x-rays - after having had too much blood drawn - after having submited to painful internal examinations - after losing my sense of dignity as doctors asked me to position my naked body in specific ways...THEN these doctors told me that all of my diagnostic tests were normal - and there was nothing wrong with me!

...All of your tests were negative. Now, I see no need for pain medication.

...Take 4 Advil and deal with it.

...It's not that bad. Just take some Tylenol.

...We only prescribe pain medication to people, who have aterminal illness.

...You can't continue to take narcotics for pain. You went through 20 pills in 20 days. You can't continue like this. You must totally understand the consequences; and I will NOT give you another prescription!! You must find another physician or go to a pain clinic.

...Do you totally understand the consequences of taking narcotics for pain? You can be become addicted. You must stop!!

...You know, you're well on your way to becoming a drug addict.

...In 1996 the head of the Gastroenterology Department at a famous clinic yelled at me and told me that I was wasting their time!! In 1997 I finally found a doctor, who listened to me and believed me; and then he told me a diagnostic laparoscopy is the only way adhesions and endometriosis can be diagnosed. It had taken me 27 years to find this doctor!! He performed the diagnostic laparoscopy that validated my pain and proved there was a real reason for my pain: "massive adhesions that had attached my omentum to my abdominal wall" (from a laparotomy I had in 1970).

...You need to stop wasting my time with this nonsense.

...You are welcome to see another doctor in the office.

...None of the staff is allowed to take even as much as an emergency message from you. You've called this office in excess - as well as after hours.

...You’re a “ frequent flyer “ in this emergency room!

...The doctor looked at my abdominal scar and laughed - because he thought he could have done better!!

~ ~ ~ ~

Perhaps some of you have been the recipients of other hurtful comments from "some doctors"...doctors you had complete faith and trust in. You were so sure "some doctors" would be able to help you; but instead you found yourself on the receiving end of of their hurtful comments...hurtful comments that have caused you emotional pain - in addition to the severe pain of ARD that you already are already "trying" to deal with.

Please feel free to add hurtful comments "some doctors" have said to you.

POST A NEW MESSAGE!! To post a NEW MESSAGE for your hurtful comments:

1.) Enter: http://www.adhesions.org/forums/ADHESIONS.0304/date.html

2.) Click: Post A New Message To the Forum (at the top of this page)

3.) Use the following title: *Hurtful comments "some doctors" have told me*

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: