Part 1 of 3...Hurtful coments * some doctors * have told their patients, who already suffer from ARD...

Tue Apr 1 11:42:23 2003

Some of you will remember this list; because you've shared some of the hurtful comments doctors have said to you...

X> HURTFUL COMMENTS SOME DOCTORS HAVE TOLD THEIR ARD PATIENTS:

The following list of hurtful comments is a testimony to the way "some doctors" have treated patients, who suffer from the intractable pain of adhesion related disorder (ARD). ARD is a very painful disorder that has NOT been recognized by the medical community as being either a disease or a disorder.

When victims of ARD seek the help of doctors, "some doctors" have told them, "Adhesions do NOT cause pain!" Based on that, not only have "some doctors" not validated their ARD patient's pain; but they have also lied to their patient!! Adhesions can and will cause a lot of pain!!

It is difficult enough for ARD patients to seek the help of doctors; but it is reprehensible the way some vulnerable ARD patients have been treated by "some doctors". Regardless of why "some doctors" have said these hurtful comments to their ARD patients, these comments are unprofessional and are NOT acceptable!! Doctors, who are responsible for the following comments, give the medical profession "a black eye."

The next time a doctor makes an unacceptable comment to you, have him put it in writing - or have the doctor repeat in front of someone else, if that's possible!

~ ~ ~ ~

Hurtful Things Doctors Have Said to Their ARD Patients - and then doctors wonder why we get upset and angry!!

...We already know you have irritable bowel syndrome.

...It's just growing pains (in my 30's?)

...You're just my " COLICKY BABY " - followed by a laugh and a pat on the back.

...You are trying too hard to get pregnant. That's why you are having pain.

...Don't worry about adhesions.

...After my hysterectomy my doctor told me my pain was "settling" pain. Rhat was ONE YEAR after my hysterectomy! He never explained "WHAT was settling" and "WHERE it was settling to!!" You can bet I had some anxious moments whenever I sat on the toilet!

NOTE: Part 2 of 3 is next!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: