SPRAY GEL IN THE U.S.?????

Mon Mar 31 10:49:00 2003

I'm relatively new to this site, but I have been reading with interest about this SprayGel. I'm sure that it would solve my problems. I've had 5 surgeries-four laparoscopies and one laparotomy (hysterectomy). Every time I'm told that adhesions are everywhere. I get relief for a while, but symptoms come back. In the past, pain was horrible and I spent about a year on vicodin. Since the hysterecomy, the paid has been better (somewhat) but my bowel function is getting progressively worse. I spent a year controlling my symptoms with diet. If I didn't eat meat or cheese and ate mostly fruits, vegetables, and whole grains I was almost normal. This has stopped working in the last few months. Now I'm using zelnorm and lactulose and having some success, but I know that I'm heading for another surgery. I just don't want to do it again without something like this SprayGel.

I know that they are in clinical trials in the U.S. Does anyone know about the progress? Is there an anticipated timeline for approval? Does anyone know about the studies? Do they need candidates for the clinical trial? If I knew that it would be approved by next year, I'd muddle through until then. It seems futile to have another surgery that will provide temporary relief at best.

Any information would be very helpful. Thanks.

--
Nancy

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: