Re: I NEED SOME ADVICE!!!!!!

Tue Mar 18 03:56:46 2003

Dearest Brenda, My own humble opinion for what it's worth is there are maybe a handful of surgeons that deal with adhesiolysis properly, that is giving you the best chance by following a set of techniques that miminise the chance of their return. I feel most general surgeons go in hack around, cut thos babies out, chuck in a sheet of seprafilm or what have you and off you go only to have them return with a vengence and new dhesions to boot. I do believe there is a Dr. in Montreal that deals with ARD patients. I'd write to Dr. Wiseman and ask him. He might take awhile to get back to you but he always does. I feel you are pretty smart to have adhesiolysis as an elective surgery and not under emergency conditions and when the bowels are heavily involved, that could be a likely scenario. Depends on how many partial blockages you are going thru?? As for the nerve block....I almost had one done but the pain mang. team decided it really would not help me. I know some folks who swear by them. If it is a chance to be out of pain.... I understand your fear all too well about waking up with a bag. I'll go through my files and see if I can find that doc in Montreal. In the mean time if I can be of further help please contact me at the above address. Love, Dawn At Mon, 17 Mar 2003, Brenda wrote: >
>Hello everybody this is Brenda from Ottawa. Well on Friday I finally
>had my first appointment at the pain mangaement clinic. They seem very
>sincere in helping me find away to be some what pain free. The question
>I have for the Board is has anyone had a pain block put in and if so how
>is it working??? Also there are apparently a couple of doctors here in
>Ottawa that deal with lazer the pain mangaement clinic is wondering
>wether it is a good idea to have me have another surgery to take the
>adhesions that seem to be attacking my bowel. I am just conerened that
>I will end up with a colostomy bag because my adhesions are tightly
>attached to my bowel. So any input would be great. Oh also here is
>another question has any one had any problems with there clacium like I
>mean there teeth becoming frail cause since I have been on the morphine
>I seem to be having very week teeth they are breaking on me or they are
>ending up with cavities and the funny thing is I am not a junk or sweet
>eater so I don't know what is going on. Well hope to hear from you guys
>regarding my questions and I hope you all have a pain free day . Sending
>hugs to all my friends.
>Brenda

--
I'm no doctor, just a fellow sufferer like you but I hope you consider me a new friend.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: