Oxycontin

Thu Jan 30 05:33:29 2003

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here knew very much about oxycontin. I have been taking this through my pain management doctor since last summer. A friend of my husbands said that it is derived from heroin. That really bothered me. I did look it up myself and found out that it is an opiate. It is nicknamed "Hillbilly Heroin" or "Rich Man's Heroin". I heard the word "Heroin" and got pretty freaked out. I just want to get off of all these medications. Has anyone here taken this for their adhesions for pain management? Has anyone who took it before since had surgery and been able to get off of it? Did you have any problems getting off of this medication? I know I am asking alot of questions, but like I said, it really bothered me knowing it is compared to heroin. I have never been addicted to any type of drug, alcohol, or smoking(anything). So the thought that my body could possibly get addicted to a medication really bothers me. So if anyone could help me with these questions, I would be so grateful. My gyn that is quitting told me that he has never seen anyone go into pain management that was able to get out of it. I am determined though. Never say never! Anyway, thanks to all. I hope you have lots of pain free days.

--
Jenny

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: