Anyone know of a good doctor in Houston?

Thu Jan 30 05:22:43 2003

Hello everyone,

It has been ages since I posted last. A lot has gone on since then. I have been thrown back and forth between doctors. I see a gyn and they send me to a urologist. I went to the urologist who ran tests and when he found out I had adhesions decided he wouldn't touch me. He sent me to another urologist who had bad bedside manners. He said he wouldn't touch the adhesions. I went to another urologist and he said my problems were gynelocial. He sent me to another gyn. That doctor started first thing telling me he wouldn't be my doctor because he didn't want to get involved in any legal entanglements. He said that took away too much time from his family and he wasn't willing to do that again. He had paid the price for that once before and he wasn't willing to do it again. He started telling me that he just wrote a check for $50,000 for 1 year of malpractice insurance. He told me he would give me a second opinion but not be my doc. He was very rude, crude, and had me going from one room to the next in one of those little paper sheets that doesn't even go around you. I never got my second opinion, just a bill for $200. My original gyn that I have had for the last 12 years is quitting his practice. I do have an appointment for a consultation with a doctor in the medical center for Friday. My PCP doesn't know who to send me to. I had tried to get approval to go to Scranton with Dr. Gerhart, but the insurance company denied it. When we sent in our appeal, they supposedly never got it. I am in so much pain now that I really don't feel like fighting any more. The insurance company won't give me a doctor's name either. I asked for a case manager but they told me that my PCP has to ask for one to be appointed. And we just found out that my PCP is also dropping our insurance. I started calling going down the list of providers to find that a bunch had already dropped our insurance as well since the new list was printed last month. I feel like I have wasted so much time going to the wrong doctors. So in case this one doesn't work too well on Friday, does anyone know of a good gyn who specialized in adhesions in the Houston area? If so please email me with their names. Thanks so much for your help.

Hugs, Jenny

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: