Re: Forgot some special Thank You's!

Tue Jan 28 11:20:00 2003

Dave,

Thank you for your prayers and thoughts. I walk with God daily. A few years ago I came to the conclusion that should the good Lord come calling, I was ready. I enjoy each and every day as it comes...regardless of what it brings. I have two beautiful granddaughters 4 and 6, an angel baby Brayden (he passed away at 4 months due to SIDS in 03/00) and another grandson (either Brennan or Brevin) to be born the end of April. They bring light to my life. I have learned since Brietta (4) was 2 to look at life as I was a young child. Her awe with the world is incredible. She came into my hospital room last week and said: "Isn't it a wonderful day?" It didn't matter that it was -30 degrees below zero windchill...she amazes at everything.

I stopped seeking out doctors a few years ago. Unfortunately, my health has taken a turn that forces me into weekly, if not more frequent, visits. I have found a wonderful primary doctor that has been treating me for the last two years. We've had some rocky times, but I have stayed with him because I felt he really knows what he is doing. I also have a wonderful urologist. Both of these are right here in my small town. Occasionally I have been hospitalized in the hospital in Green Bay rather than here, but that has only been when they have had to perform urological procedures not available here. Even now those services are becoming available here so my trips to Green Bay will come to an end. I am truly blessed with a hospital and staff that is full of compassion and understanding. While I was in the ICU and on the respirator I had visits from a large number of nurses and other staff urging me to fight.

While I can't quote too many scriptures, I know that God is the reason that I am here. Yes, I suffer with pain, but I have accepted it as part of my life. I couldn't have done that without the help of my Lord. He has helped me to come to terms with my fate. I don't know how much longer I will have on this earth, but each day is a blessing from God.

God's Blessings to you and yours!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: