Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 21 15:49:27 2003

Maya, I've had both partial and total obstruction so I can at least tell you how I felt with those = both were very painful in the abdomen, burning and stabbing pain, the full obstruction felt like an alien was ready to tear out of my insides! You will be nauseous with probably both, but I never did throw up with the partial obstruction. I was upchucking right and left with the full obstruction, even the barium they tried to give me came right up.

Are you keeping food and/or liquid down? Are you passing any gas or bms? If yes to both, possible partial obstruction - sometimes an xray or CT scan can show the partial obstruction. You must contact a doc or go to ER to have these tests asap.

If a partial obstruction, and you can keep fluids down okay, try to stay on a liquid diet to see if that helps your pain, it should help a bit.

I am just 4 weeks post op from my laparotomy to fix the bowel adhesions and obstruction, so I know your pain - I hope this info helped to provide you a little more info on obstruction.

Try doing a search for intestinal obstruction or bowel obstruction, you should come up with more info.

--
Jill

At Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Maya wrote: > >I have been dealing with adhesions for two years this March and for the >most part have taught myself to deal with the pain. However last night >the SHARP, Stabbing pains got so bad that I slid to the floor and >started to sob. My husband went to the 24 hr pharmacy and got the >prescription of vicodin that I had on hold and after taking three I >finally cried myself to sleep. The pain made me think of a basketball >trying to get through a garden hose. How do I know if it is an >obstruction. The pain tends to go away if I lie very still but as soon >as I move it become unbearable ( just sitting here typing this is >bringing me to tears). I don't want to go the Er because my family >makes me feel like I am scaring my children whenever I do and the Dr.'s >think I am looking for drugs and don't believe adhesions cause pain. I >have looked all over the web for the symptoms of obstruction with no >luck. PLEASE REPLY WITH HELP. > >I feel very alone, >Maya

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: