Re: Neurontin- how does it work? antipreseeants and pain meds? Exact cause of tearing pain?

Wed Jan 15 05:02:56 2003

Dearest Mary Lou, I am just writing with out looking for your story on the quilt but I will later. I know you are a nurse and do not enter the trip to Germany lightly. I have been fundraising myself to get there. I wish I had the $$ now and I could go with you. I am getting closer to my goal and should follow you shortly. I take neurontin and have for a bit. I have dag nab endo and a needless hyst which has brought me here. I have found that unlysed adhesions are a place endo can still rage on. I have found that endo can go deep and fibrotic and that docs are usually conservative and stick ( no pun intended) to what they learned in med school. They way the US health care system is now I don't see how they manage to get to the John let alone keep up with journals. Hyst is still touted as the definitive cure for endo...but here I am. It is my own theory that the neurontin helps with nerve pain as those devil adheions can entrap and kill some nerves. i find the neurtontin has helped me so much. I know someone posted about the fear of losing their sex life to the effects of this med but I am not yer man as sex is out of the question for me at this point. I use to be a hard working chef but now my new hobby is reading medical journals. I actually grew up doing that. My mom was a nursing professor to she had to cave to fibromyalgia. Yep I could told you it runs in families awhile ago! I found out how endo can go deep and fibrotic. How it can attain a blood supply and that it may even secrete estrogen or at least other abdominal agonists and we all know what that means.... The theory of estrogen suppression by hyst and removal of ovaries to "cure" endo, is well...puke. Well now Mary Lou...bettcha never though you'd achieve pioneer status but God speed to Germany with all my hope and prayers. We all await the triumphant pain free return of your wonderful self soon. I want to thank you as well for your insight on the board. Please feel free to contact me anytime. Much love and a candle lit for you! DawnAt Tue, 14 Jan 2003, klischma@foxinternet.com wrote: >
>Hi all,
>What is the mechanism of neurontin when used for adhesion pain? A more
>basic question: When you have adhesions, what exactly causes the
>burning, tearing, pulling, stinging pain? My belief is that parts of you
>are stuck and other parts are not, and when you move, the parts that are
>not stuck move downward because of gravity, causing the "tearing" pain
>to the areas that can;t move down because they are adhesed. Or maybe,
>in the case of a person like me with a very long scar (3o inches) nerves
>got severed when the incision was made? I have been to doctors, physical
>therapists, acupuncturists, massage therapists, and Rieke thearapists,
>and as you know, I leave for Germany in exactly two weeks for surgery by
>Dr. Kruschinski. I am reminding myself to give myself postivie
>affirmations and make plans for WHEN I am pain-free from this hideous
>adhesion pain rather than IF I ever can get pain--free. To those of you
>who are concerned about taking other medications besides
>antidepressants, it is OK. EVERONE who experiences chronic pain also
>has depression, not just because of being physically tortured by pain,
>but also because of all the losses associated with being in the state of
>chronic pain. Many of us cannot even find a bodily position that is
>tolerable.
>Well, if anyone has any answers, please let us know.
>thanks, Mary Lou
>
>--
>mary lou
>

--
I'm no doctor, just a fellow sufferer like you but I hope you consider me a new friend.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: