Neurontin- how does it work? antipreseeants and pain meds? Exact cause of tearing pain?

Tue Jan 14 20:10:47 2003

Hi all, What is the mechanism of neurontin when used for adhesion pain? A more basic question: When you have adhesions, what exactly causes the burning, tearing, pulling, stinging pain? My belief is that parts of you are stuck and other parts are not, and when you move, the parts that are not stuck move downward because of gravity, causing the "tearing" pain to the areas that can;t move down because they are adhesed. Or maybe, in the case of a person like me with a very long scar (3o inches) nerves got severed when the incision was made? I have been to doctors, physical therapists, acupuncturists, massage therapists, and Rieke thearapists, and as you know, I leave for Germany in exactly two weeks for surgery by Dr. Kruschinski. I am reminding myself to give myself postivie affirmations and make plans for WHEN I am pain-free from this hideous adhesion pain rather than IF I ever can get pain--free. To those of you who are concerned about taking other medications besides antidepressants, it is OK. EVERONE who experiences chronic pain also has depression, not just because of being physically tortured by pain, but also because of all the losses associated with being in the state of chronic pain. Many of us cannot even find a bodily position that is tolerable. Well, if anyone has any answers, please let us know. thanks, Mary Lou

--
mary lou

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: