Re: Ladies I Need Some Help- what c an we do to prevent adhesions post-op?

Sun Jan 12 22:03:21 2003

Dear Jackie, If possible, try to reduce stress and negative thoughts as much as possible as you heal from your laparoscopic gallbladder removal. Adhesions are not just a result of surgery, also trauma, and inflammation, which all are mde worse by stress. I had the same gall bladder surgery as you a few years ago and did not get adhesions from it. On the other hand, over the course of the past summer my stress level was off the top of the scale, and my adhesions spread from being just in my low back to totally encircle my body. during the time that was happening, I took care for six weeks of my dying mother in the midst of utter family chaos which also turned into a family feud, cleaned out my mother's house, returned to my own home to pack it up after 16 years, became a lawyer overnight to represent my son in a paternity case, put out a fire in the garage, severly strained my back moving a car battery, helped my son gather all the supplies and knowledge he needed to take care of his newborn son, had people coming and going to see our house which was for sale, had a close friend ditch me because I would not edit her manuscript for free (I tried, but it was hopeless), moved to a new state, started a job two days later, and on day three of the job, had a physical and emotional collapse, and had to resign and haven;t been able to work since because of severe pain. THAT IS WHAT I THINK MADE MY ADHESIONS SPREAD!!!!! DO NOT USE ME AS A ROLE MODEL!!!!!!!!! Set limits, avoid stressful people, places, tv shows, etc.

--
mary lou

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: