Responding to Dr. Moore.

Thu Jan 9 19:28:55 2003

Dr. Moore, I would actually like to thank you for taking the time to participate on this list. To me, you seem like you at least have some compassion for adhesion sufferers and are doing the one thing that needs to be done with all sufferers....tell them to avoid surgey at all cost unless it is an emergency. You did not respond to anything I had to say in my letter. Did you take the time to read my story on the adhesion quilt? In case you don't know where it is the link is: http://www.adhesions.org/quiltframe.htm My name is Karla N., so that you do not confuse me with the other Karla. I haven't updated my story in quite some time and a lot has transpired...except for more open abdomen surgeries. ALL of the surgeries (1991 - present) that I refer to other than the last couple done in Chicago were performed by the same surgeon. I was a sucker who trusted everything my doctor told me....after all..."a doctor is here to make you better".....or so I thought. Twenty-seven surgeries later I woke up and realized that I was at least 1000 times worse than I started....and later realized that I had no one willing to clean up his mess. After all of this, I have become an extreme pessimist. I do not trust doctors with a ten foot pole. But, you seem to at least have an understanding for our problem and aren't saying what we normally hear...."Adhesions don't cause pain" I have been very critical of all products that were the cure all for adhesions. I would love to say, "Trust me...this one is different." But, you wouldn't be a good doctor if you just took my word for it. As I mentioned, I am seeking the compassionate use of it in a very necessary surgery that I must have. When I mentioned it to my doctor, a urologist, he hadn't heard of it either...and of course was a bit skeptical. He mentioned the other products just as you have...but, he is willing to read the information I bring to him...is willing to speak with other doctors about it and willing to see some results. Most importantly, he is willing to consider my wishes. He knows I have spent the last 13 years suffering in severe pain. He knows that I have undergone over 50+ surgeries in my lifetime and have suffered total humiliation in addition to the pain for the last six or seven years. He knows that I have refused to have anymore surgery in those six or seven years. I could have gotten temporary relief probably 20 more times in that period of time by having surgery...but I chose not to because I knew that ultimately it meant the pain would return the same or worse. But, he also knows that I will die if nothing is done. He knows that the best thing for me is to have both my kidneys removed, it would prevent me from being hospitalized every two weeks with urosepsis...but both my kidneys are still relatively healthy and he wouldn't even consider removing something that is healthy. Knowing all of this he understands just how much SprayGel could do for me...if it works. As I said before, I know of noone who has had the SprayGel used who is complaining of adhesion pain now....noone. I am willing to take that risk. I didn't jum p when any of the other products became available....my research gave me reason to have doubts. I have no doubts with the SprayGel. I ask that you look further into this product. Contact Confluent Surgical and ask to be included in some of their seminars. Better yet, maybe once my surgery is scheduled...if I am given the opportunity to have compassionate use....you could observe my surgery and get some answers. Perhaps then you could bring this product to some of your suffering patients. Give them some relief from their pain. Thank you for taking the time to write to us, as well as taking the time to research the internet and gain more knowledge. Please take the time to read my story. Pass on your compassion to your patients. Karla

Karla

**Soaring with my angel**

http://www.geocities.com/karlasfamily2001 http://www.geocities.com/princessd82000/BraydensHaven

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: