Re: stabbing pain....anyone know if this is adhesions????

Tue Dec 31 17:46:48 2002

Hi April,

Yep, had a emergency laporoscopy with my blockage....the doctors didn't believe me that I was in so much pain and they just about waited with the surgery until I would have had a colostomy bag put in. I was so enstrangled with adhesions...kinking and twisting my bowels ....completely closing them off. I had adhesions everywhere. I had even told my doctor that I was unable to have a BM for about 5 weeks and he still told me to wait. I had tried every kind of laxative and stool softener and still nothing. I did everything that he told me to do and one night I just gave up and that's when my ex rushed me to the hospital and demanded that I be seen for an obstruction. I was just hours away from losing my entire bowel...or something like that. It wasn't a nice surgery at all.

I also have appreciated learning from others on this site. I first found this site about 3 weeks ago, and I knew nothing about adhesions. In fact, I thought that I was all alone ....I didn't know that there are so many of us out here suffering. I have learned so much and gained such valuable knowledge from reading everyone's posts and thougths. It's nice to just be a part of this site and know that even if we have a problem that isn't adhesion related, that we have friends that will help us in that compacity also.

Will be looking forward to your post on how your surgery went and will be praying for a speedy recovery and safe operation.

Love, Tonya

>From: AprilDe402@aol.com
>Reply-To: adhesions@adhesions.org
>To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
><adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com>
>Subject: Re: stabbing pain....anyone know if this is adhesions????
>Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 17:08:12 -0600
>
>Hi Tonya,
>I see you have alreadiy suffered an obstruction, yes that is pain I don't
>like even recalling............Did you have a laparotomy for your
>obstruction? I did, and I have been laid up since, before it I had pain
>but
>was still working and dealing.
>
>I hope you can wait for SprayGel........and I hope for all sufferers that
>we
>get it soon
>Yes, I will be posting after the surgery.........I know how much I have
>appreciated others sharing their experiencel
>Hope things go well for you and your honeymoon!
>Keep in touch
>Your freind,
>April

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: