Re: Hospital

Tue Dec 31 03:48:43 2002

Dear Karla, Geez, you go throught the ringer so much. I am so happy you have the neuro guy on your side. Seem that when one doc uses the kindness and compassion route ( ya know, that silly hipocratic oath thingy) it rather shames the others into compliance. I hope this is the case for you. I'd think you'd be any urologists poster child for goodness sake. By working with all the problems you encounter and REALLY trying to get to the bottom of them, think of how many others could benefit from your suffering. I hope that does not sound cruel...not intended. The shots sound like a good idea. Perhaps you have built up resistance to the other antibiotics. I pray the injections work but if you do go to hospital now perhaps a week there will save you a month down the road. As for a main line believe it or not it is a good thing. My dad had one in for many years and it saved him so much suffering, and in this state it made him be eligable to have a visiting nurse and a home health aid come a coupla times a week...really good things. Ask you social worker if you don't already have these services. And god bless ya , you tough cookie you. In the pain your in you took the time to answer my silly 25 whatever they are duragesic question. I can't imagine 150!! I wish you could take the neurontin too. i asked the doc if he could just increase the dose...he worried that for my size it would knock me out and said try the fentnyl. I worry if I complain that I will lose either drug. I bet I'll adjust to it eventually. Just hate to lose another part of my life and it isn't as if there are family and friends lining up to help anymore. I will call you at the hospital and you can swear, rant and rave all you want. I will still be on the other end. Not much can make me blush or flee from the phone. How civilized that the hosp. has an 800#. I am praying away for you dear Karla....get a good nights rest. Love ya, Dawn

At Mon, 30 Dec 2002, K Nygren wrote: >
>Hi all!
>
>I just wanted to let you all know that I, most likely, will be admitted to the hospital tomorrow. I had my stents and nephrostomy tubes changed on Friday and once again this has stirred up another case of urosepsis. I saw one of the urologists today and he wanted to admit me. He gave me the choice of being admitted or trying a series of three shots of rocephin for the next three days (counting today). If things do not improve I must be admitted to the hospital. My original dealings with this particular urologist were not pleasant. This had been a number of years ago and he had never really spent a lot of time looking into why I had the problems I did. He would always get called in on consult when I was admitted to the hospital, but could never finish up because I would get discharged. Now my urologist consults with him trying to get extra advice as to what to do. I have found him to be an extremely compassionate man and am so glad to have him on my team. He announced today that from now on when I get my tubes, etc., changed they will give me the series of rocephin shots to try and prevent the urosepsis from kicking in, instead of oral doses of cipro or levaquin which have not worked. But, for this man, who is not my doctor, to sit down and take the time for me each and every time I walk into their office, makes me realize just how fortunate I am. Unfortunately, I am not lucky in the avoiding the hospital department. The fevers are getting higher and higher and the pain is getting more and more. Even my little toes hurt as I put even the least bit of weight on them. When I first felt this it brought back nasty memories of my drive to the hospital right before my kidneys shutdown. It hurt so bad to put my foot on the gas pedal. I think it took me an hour or so to drive the 2-3 miles to the hospital. I kept on stopping to cry and think about who I could find to drive me. As much as I would like to avoid the hospital, I am not stupid. If that's whe
r >e I need to be, that is where I will be. For anyone interested, the toll free number is 1-866-227-9620. I would wait until at least Wednesday to try calling though. This is the hospital that is down in Green Bay and will require me to find a way to get down there. I will also have to undergo the placement of a medi-port....or whatever they call it....a permanent IV line so that I do not always have to be poked umpteen zillion times to gain IV access. Anyways, if I am not admitted I will post on here by 7pm tomorrow (12/31). If you do call, my last name is Nygren (pronounced NI...long I..GRIN).
>
>I also finally saw the surgeon today regarding the lump on my breast. He really didn't say much...just that it was a skin lesion and it had to be removed. I will have that surgery on January 14th. I have been relatively unconcerned about the lump (I've noticed it about 8 years ago...it seemed to come and go and with it would be this blood blister like thing. For the last year or so it hasn't come and gone. The blood blister is basically almost always there and every two weeks or so will fill up with fluid and burst) but since my mom's breast cancer diagnosis I have decided I must have it looked at. By the way, things have been much better here with my mom and all. My sister and brothers pretty much validated all of my feelings and acknowledged all of the work I had done in the house and confronted my mom about putting all of the work on me. My step-dad was also just admitted to the hospital with pneumonia. He never let on to us that he was sick until about 3 hours before he was admitted. I told my mom that we both needed to be less focused on our problems so that we could be more aware of problems that surrounded us. She agreed, but I don't know if she sees the entire picture. I know, it doesn't happen overnight, but I am working on it.
>
>I am praying that each and every one of you has a magnificient and pain free New Year. God's blessings to you all.
>
>Karla
>
>**Soaring with my angel**
>
>http://www.geocities.com/karlasfamily2001
>http://www.geocities.com/princessd82000/BraydensHaven

--
I'm no doctor, just a fellow sufferer like you but I hope you consider me a new friend.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: