Re: Inter-tissual Scarring from a Laparotomy in 1970

Sun Dec 29 02:01:37 2002

Helen, I just wanted to thank you for your openness and genuine honesty on the results of your surgery and your opinions. I really appreciate honesty in a person and it is the only way we can know if and what works. I hope you continue to be free of adhesions on a long-term basis. This does sound better and more hopeful than previous surgeries and has gone longer.

Also, thanks for the information on scar tissue and trapped nerves. I guess this could very well be some of my hip pains but mine isn't a burning pain as nerve pain usually is, so I'm not sure. My acute pain is like someone stabs me with a knife or my hip is dislocating, enough to make me gasp when it happens unexpectedly. The constant chronic pain is like a very intense bone or muscle pain as though I "just had" major hip surgery or like someone beat me with a bat for about an hour. At times it is so intense I get sick on my stomach and dizzy spells from fighting it.

My abdominal pain is more intense bloating discomfort and I also get the sharp shooting pains usually related to trapped gas or bowel movements. I don't have burning in my abdomen either, other than the ulcer burning. I also don't have the pulling in my abdomen like I did before my other surgeries. I did have a neuroma after one of my abdomonal surgeries but a shot of Lidocaine did the trick for me. That incision had burst open in the past so it couldn't be avoided because the scar tissue is extremely deep and thick from it, making cutting through it and suturing it again a real task, plus the other incisions also cross over it.

Maybe some day they can figure out a way to help you with your nerve pains too. They are hoping the Radio Frequency procedures (burning nerves) I am scheduled to have done on my back will help my back, hip, butt and leg pains, so I will give it a try and cross my fingers.

Take care and Good luck in the future! JEAN

--
Jean (from PA)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: