If you are considering surgery...with Bev's comments

Sat Dec 28 14:03:24 2002

Beverly Doucette's comments on the information in my article:

I made several copies of the above information; and I will distribute them at our next "Adhesion Support Group" meeting! You bring up some very good points. We know how desperate adhesion sufferers are. I was too! But one MUST be aware of all the implications before agreeing to surgery.

If you still feel that you are going to be better off by having an adhesiolysis - and you have weighed all of the implications - then you will know what the future MAY hold for you. Unless you thoroughly educate yourself about ARD and the implications involved in an adhesiolysis procedure, you will learn "the hard way" - over and over again!!

Keep this list for future reference. Look it over; and make sure that surgery is what you really want. Elective surgery is YOUR choice. Emergency surgery IS NOT. Surgery of any kind must be dealt with responsibly and with respect to the knowledge that you are an adhesion-former.

To date there are NOT any known cures. NONE! To date the ONLY way to diagnose adhesions is a diagnostic laparoscopy, which is an invasive surgical procedure. There are NO OTHER diagnostic tests that can actually diagnose adhesions effectively. NONE! That statement is a fact!

Be carefull. Be smart. Be aware. Become your own best Dr! Learn as much as you can about adhesions!!

Love, Bev

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: