Re: A little more venting

Tue Dec 24 23:31:52 2002

My Dearest Friend, We all need to vent at times, and I am glad tht you took the time to vent your frusterations. I cannot speak about your family, because mine has the same attitude, so welcome to the world of greatest frusterations. It seems as if children now a days have no idea what pain is, nor do they care enough to hear you out from what you are going through. I am proud of you for speaking to your daughter as if nothing happened, but apparently it seems as if it went in one ear and out the other. My apologies for the way your children have treated you. This is the seson in which we are supposed to be happy and cheerful, and loving and caring for one another. It sounds as if you handled the situation the best way that you knew how, so please do not let it get you down. I just dont know about kids today, as they dont realize the value of love for one another, especially family members who go through more pain than they can handle trying to help them, nor do they seem to realize the value of the dollar. When we offer our friends and family the best opportunities, they seem to expect the world from us handed to them on a silver platter. You are in pain and need, and deserve your respect and all of the rest that you can get. I feel that if I understand the situation, that you handled it in a Christian manner, probably better than most of us would do. If one daughter is unhappy where you feel the most comfortable spending Christmas dinner, well shame on her. I would spend my time and energy where I felt the most welcome without the stress involved. If the one child wants to be upset because she did not get her way, then let her work on her manners as she sits alone just wishing that she hadn't treated you in such a rude cruel way. Sometimes we have to ignore the rudeness and do what we feel will make us the most happy, so if you feel the most happy spending time with your other daughter for Christmas dinner then do what you feel will give you the lesser point of stress, and pray that the other daughter will see the error of her ways. You could have said that you didn't have the energy to help the daughter clean her home, yet you seemed to have went all out for her and she had no respect for the pain that you went through. So go to Christmas dinner where it pleases you to be the most. No one in such a kind and giving heart deserves to have her heart broken such as you have. Some times all that we can do is to go our own way and do what pleases us most, and hope that others will come around to their senses. I want to wish you a merry Christmas, and know that I will be praying about this situation. It is a sad day when we feel as if we have been used or spit on by the ones we love the most, so do what makes you hay. Life is too short to quarrel with anyone, and if they get jealous where we decide to spend our time it only shows the childness in the one that gets upset. So have a Merry Christmas where ever you decide that you will be most comfortable. Myself, I will go to my parents for dinner and come home and rest and enjoy the day to the best of my ability. Probably will take some sleeping pills and rest the best that I can, as I am in chronic pain 24-7. I realize that there will be some that will want me o spend the day with them, but my body just won't hold up to all of the guests and gossip. I love my family and will spend a bit of time with them after dinner, but when it is time for me to be by myself so I can handle the pain, I must politely bow out and go home. I lost my favorite uncle tonight and am not too clear headed, so I hope that I am giving you sound advice, and mostly I hope that I understand your situation and am responding in an appropiate manner. Life is too short to bicker with our children, or any one else for that matter, so you do what will be the most comfortable for you without the stress involved. I will keep you in my prayers, and God will speak to our hearts as to where we, or our children have gone wrong in the way that they have treated us. As the song says: there will be an answer, let it be. Lots of love to you and I send my best wishes for a great holiday for you, no matter what your decision may be as to where you decide to spend dinner on this joyous Holiday of the celebration of our Saviours birth. May God Lead You in all that You do, and May God Bless you with a serene comfortable holiday and may it be a pain free day for you.......LOL.. Dave

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: